Rules & Regulations
These are our rules and regulations
THE 5 KM FUN RUN FUN CHALLENGE
All entrants of the 5 km Fun Run Fun Challenge must finish a minimum of 10 (Ten) 5 km fun runs or a distance in fun runs and short races equal to or more than 50km to qualify as a finisher and receive a special medal or button to be awarded at a prize giving or handed out / posted.
THE 500 KM / 1000 KM CHALLENGE
Finishers will get a medal awarded at a prize giving / handed out / posted.
WALKERS SPECIAL INCENTIVE MEDALS
Bronze Medal – 500km
Personalized Silver Medal – 805 km (500 miles)
Personalized Gold Medal – 1207 km (750 miles)
Platinum athletes – 2512 km – Sum of bronze (500 km), silver (805 km) & gold (1207 km) will get one Gold, one Silver & one Bronze Medal (personalized in some manner).
RUNNERS SPECIAL INCENTIVE MEDALS
Bronze Medal – 1000km
Personalized Silver Medal – 1609 km (1000 miles)
Personalized Gold Medal – 2414 km (1500 miles)
Platinum athletes – 5023 km – Sum of bronze (1000 km), silver (1609 km) & gold (2414 km) will get one Gold, one Silver & one Bronze Medal (personalized in some manner).
NATIONAL & CATEGORY AWARDS
National Top 10 personalized trophies and national male & female age group achievements (Senior, Veteran, Master; Grand master).
Certain regional awards will be given to regions taking into account number of entrants, availability of races etc within the full discretion of the organiser. The 4 regions that will receive regional awards as a region if there are more than 20 entries in the region will be:
Region 1: Central Gauteng & Vaal Triangle
Region 2: Gauteng North
Region 3: Boland, Border, Eastern Province, South Western Districts, Western Province
Region 4: Central North West, Free State, Griqualand West, KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo,
Mpumalanga, North West Cape, North West North,
AROUND THE WORLD TROPHY
This trophy is awarded to the athlete(s) whose total challenge distance goes around the world.
PERMANENT NUMBERS AND SCROLLS
One completed 500 km challenge by a runner equals a half point.
One completed 1000 km challenge by a runner / walker equals a full point.
Permanent numbers will be given to
- All walkers who complete three 500km Challenges (three full points)
- All runners who complete three 1000km Challenges (three full points)
- All runners who complete six 500km Challenges (six half points)
- All walkers / runners who complete a mix of 500km / 1000km Challenges
to get a total of three full points.
- Double / Triple / etc. permanent numbers will be issued at discretion of organiser.
Various other special edition scrolls can be awarded according to the number of years and distances completed at the discretion of the organiser.
THE 5 KM / 500 KM / 1000 KM CHALLENGE RUN / WALK FOR CHARITY
We will continue to support charity by donating R10-00 from each entry received.
- The aim is to walk / run 500 km or 1000 km in road races sanctioned by a international, national or provincial road running association from day after Comrades to next Comrades, but Comrades is not compulsory). Trail, cross country and other races will be acknowledged within the full discretion of the organiser, if they meet certain criteria.
- www.parkrun.co.za 5km events will be acknowledged.
- Fun runs are not allowed unless they are held under the auspices of a registered athletic club or by a registered welfare organization.
- No time trials are allowed.
- You may not start a race before the official starting time.
- Races must be completed within the official cut-off time.
- You cannot claim “double races”. This means that you cannot claim two races starting at the same time, even if you are able to finish both in the official cut off time.
- Honesty and integrity will be regarded as paramount. If any entrant is found to have knowingly committed fraud or cheated, such an entrant can be barred from the challenge at the discretion of the organiser. Such a person will lose his entry fee and will not be entitled to anything including medals and prizes. The organiser has full discretion whether or not to accept an event on a race list. Proof of race participation, results, flyers, race distance, starting & cut-off times may be requested by the organiser. Any complaints must be put in writing. The organiser’s decision is final.